I do like a LOT of things about Tomi, but NOT her stance on “ABORTION”. That’s just my position on ProLife and I’m as strong and committed in my thinking as she’s in hers………..Papa Mike
So-called conservative talking head Tomi Lahren will join Fox News as a contributor — offering her views on Sean Hannity’s show after she was fired from The Blaze in part because of her abortion advocacy.
Fox News announced the hire on Wednesday, saying Lahren will have a “signature role on an FNC digital product currently in development and will also offer political commentary to the network’s opinion programming.”
She’ll start her contract with Fox News Wednesday night with an appearance on Hannity, and pro-life views will be watching closely.
“I am blessed and honored to join the Fox News team,” Lahren wrote on Facebook. “This exciting new step will allow me to give voice to all the America-loving patriots who have had my back since day one.”
Lahren filed a lawsuit against The Blaze, Glenn Beck’s network, in April after she said she was wrongfully fired for speaking out in support of abortion. The Blaze maintains that Lahren was suspended, not fired, and still received a paycheck.
Sources also told the Daily Caller that Lahren’s abortion comments were the “final straw” in a series of problems during her time at The Blaze. The conservative network recently filed a counter-suit, alleging insubordination by Lahren. Both parties agreed to settle the lawsuit.
“I’m pro-choice,” Lahren told the panel, “and here’s why: I can’t sit here and be a hypocrite and say I’m for limited government but I think that the government should decide what women should do with their bodies. … I’m for limited government, so stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well.”
SOURCE: FOX News
The comments sparked immediate outrage among conservatives and pro-lifers, and the conservative network soon took Lahren off the air.
In her lawsuit, Lahren said Beck and The Blaze knew about her position on abortion and did not have an issue with it until after The View interview.
However, sources with The Blaze told the Daily Caller that the network had other issues with Lahren, prior to the pro-life hypocrites comment.
Lahren filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against The Blaze and it’s founder, conservative radio host Glenn Beck, after being taken off-air, alleging that she was “fired” on account of her pro-choice views, prompting Beck and The Blaze to file a countersuit against her, which revealed that Lahren was still on The Blaze’s payroll, even as she remained off-air. The settlement brings both lawsuits to a conclusion.
Lahren often clashed with her former coworkers at The Blaze and would yell and scream at lower-level employees, sources with direct knowledge previously told TheDC. Among other things, the 24-year-old staffer forced employees to heat up a butt warming pad in the microwave before every show, those sources said.
Soon after Lahren spoke out in support of abortion on The View, Beck challenged her abortion stance on his radio show, saying pro-lifers who want limited government and protections for babies in the womb are not hypocrites.
“I would disagree that you’re a hypocrite if you want limited government and yet you want the government to protect life of the unborn,” Beck said. “It’s very, very clear. But it takes intellectual honesty, and it takes a willingness to actually think these things through and to do more than just read Twitter or Facebook to get your news and your political opinions.”
Lahren has not backed away from her support of abortion, and she previously said she will not apologize.