Just another All American boy.
TAKOMA PARK, Md. (ABC7) — A highly inebriated man set a fire within the Washington Adventist Hospital emergency room, putting dozens of lives at risk, the Montgomery County Fire Marshal’s Office tells ABC7.
It was 9:15 a.m. on Sunday, May 27. Hospital staff found patient Henry Padilla-Martinez, 20, of an unknown address, wandering the halls of the ER. As an employee attempted to guide Padilla-Martinez back to his room, he noticed the drunken man’s hospital bed was ablaze. Staff ran to grab a fire extinguisher and frantically sprayed down the bed to prevent the fire from spreading further.
Firefighters were called to the hospital. The visible damage included burnt linens, melted plastic framing and discolored flooring. Padilla-Martinez’s room was located directly across from the main nurse’s station.